I am forever buying new make-up and beauty products – loads of them are great, but some are distinctly avvers, and I definitely wouldn’t repurchase! I thought I’d share a few of these with you, to stop you making my mistakes:
- St Tropez Gradual Tan for the face – now I’m aware that this is a gradual tan, but still, I expected to see some hint of colour on my sallow wintery skin, but nope, nada. I’m sure if I persevered then I might get better results, but it neither tans me nor feels nice on my skin, so it’s a thumbs down from me.
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara – OK this was in a beauty favourites post, and it is still one of the best mascara’s I’ve tried, however I think I am allergic to it. Every time I wear it my eyes itch like mad all day, so sadly it’s just not worth it.
- Paul Mitchell Colour Protect Daily Conditioner – this makes my hair feel SO greasy and heavy immediately after washing, despite my using a very small amount. Worst conditioner I’ve ever used, steer clear.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation – I have a feeling I might be on my own here, but I really don’t rate this foundation. It was far too natural looking for me, I just don’t really feel like it added anything to my skin. Obviously it’s called Naked Skin so that’s the idea, but it’s just not for me.
- Cetaphil – I bought these products at the recommendation of a doctor when I had acne. I didn’t see any improvement whatsoever, and they weren’t moisturising enough for my dry skin.
- Estee Lauder Hydra Complete Multi Level Moisture Gel Mask – phew, what a mouthful! I honestly couldn’t see any benefit when using this at all. It stung my skin when applied, and my skin didn’t even feel hydrated after use… definitely not worth the money.
- Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders Set – This is comprised of Truth Serum Collagen Booster, Invigorating Night Treatment, and Sheer Transformation moisturiser. I bought this after seeing it highly recommended by beauty bloggers. In fairness I did have pretty bad acne when using it initially, but I have used it since my skin has cleared up, and don’t think much of the products at all. The collagen serum is designed for morning use, but is very sticky, and leaves the skin feeling tacky and dehydrated. The invigorating night treatment is a very similar texture, but dries in sort of a peelable film over the face, yuck. The Sheer Transformation moisturiser was ok, but didn’t compare to my go-to’s (Liz Earle Skin Repair in Dry/Sensitive, or Estee Lauder DayWear).
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer – I have permanent dark circles under my eyes, so am constantly searching for the holy grail under eye concealer. This is not it. Very thick in a cakey way, it settles in all the fine lines under the eyes, and isn’t very blendable. I expected more from you MAC…
- Benefit Brow Zings – just far too dark for me, gave me Harry Potter brows.
- Garnier Micellar Water – I don’t understand the hype surrounding this product. I find it takes me even longer than normal to remove my makeup, and then my face feels sticky so I have to cleanse again? Anyone else agree?
I’ll stop before I scare you all away with my negativity! There’s a post coming soon with lots of goodies that I loveee, so keep an eye out! x