Maybe it’s changed over the past few years, but when I left England and moved to Australia in 2014, going out for breakfast in the UK just wasn’t a thing. Then I arrived in Brisbane and blow me down, there’s this whole breakfast culture that I knew nothing about! Not one to be afraid of a challenge, I jumped right into the Brisbane breakfast scene with gusto.
There are still a lot of places that I want to try, but here is my pick of the best breakfast’s in Brissy:
- Famished on Fraser’s – Ashgrove. Our go-to breakfast spot. A converted Queenslander on a suburban street, serving up some of the tastiest most creative brekky’s around. My personal fave was the brownie pancakes with strawberry custard, chocolate granola, milk ice cream, banana, and a slice of brownie, heaven!
- Paw Paw Cafe – Woolongabba. Try to go early to beat the queue, or expect to wait 30mins at least. Fresh, fun, whole foods.
- Alcove Cafe & Deli – Wilston. A popular spot with the locals, grab an outside booth and a newspaper, and enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the sun.
- Hundred Acre Bar – St Lucia. Perched high above a golf course, the views are to die for, and the food is killer to boot.
- Willow & Spoon – Wilston. The menu is always changing, from malteser pancakes, to voodoo chicken with poached eggs, there’s always something delicious and new to try.