I suppose it’s part and parcel of being a lifestyle blogger that you publish your best self, but that’s all it is. It’s all the best most glamorous parts of my life, but I’m still that person that gets into my pj’s as soon as I get home from work, and that eats too much junk food now and then.
So in the spirit of kinship, I thought I’d share some of my less than glamorous guilty pleasures with you all!
- Instant noodles – T has got me totally obsessed with these. I know they are not healthy, but god they are bloody tasty. MSG where you at?!
- Shitty TV – any of the real housewives, kardashians, married at first sight, gogglebox, GOT, gotta love a good series.
- Picking off my nail varnish – gross, I know. It’s an affliction. Mum still finds piles of picked off nail varnish around the house from years ago hahaha!
- Face Wipes – I don’t use an actual cleanser every day. Sue me.
- Fish finger sandwiches – brown bread, hash brown, cheese, 4 fish fingers, red onion, tomato, mayo, HEAVEN.
- Vege Chips – I found these crisps in the “health” food aisle. Now I can’t get enough, and despite the name I am highly sceptical that they contain any veg.
- Peeling off false eyelashes – there’s probably nothing better in the world, let’s be real. Not so great when you find an old eyelash hiding somewhere pretending to be a spider.
- Spray tans – aint no thing better than a fresh tan to make you feel like a glowing goddess.
- Face Masks – are they doing anything? Who knows, but it feels damned good.
- Wine on a week night – sometimes you really do need that glass of sav.
- Baskin Robbins – Occasionally T will go on a late night ice cream run, hormones are usually involved.
- Bed at 8pm – I just like a lot of sleep.
- Snacks in bed – I haven’t done this in a long time, but when I was at uni you would often find me in bed in the middle of the day, surrounded by a medley of unhealthy snacks.
- Singing songs from Frozen really loud when I’m home alone. Dem bathroom acoustics tho…
- Hayao Miyazaki movies – any and all of them, they are beyond magical. A surefire cure for a bad hangover.
- You Tube – I really watch a lot of YouTube. Too much? Who can say. My faves are Zoella, Tanya Burr, Lauren Curtis, Chloe Morello, Shani Grimmond, Manny MUA, Desi Perkins, Jeffree Star, and Sammy Robinson.
Has anyone else done this post? Comment with your guilty pleasures!