1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
Well it wasn’t mine, but I stole a Clinique concealer stick from my Mum. I thought it was foundation and painted my entire face with it. No I wasn’t 4, I was at secondary school, cringe.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
A few! Intense colour, lengthening and non clumpy but still voluminous. Faves are Clinique High Impact, YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils, Dior Diorshow Mascara, or Chanel Le Volume.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Light to medium. I want it to look like my skin but better. Also because I have quite dry skin, heavy foundations just settle in my fine lines and make me look worse.
4. Favourite high-end brand?
Ohhhh hard. Either Clinique or Dior.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Charlotte Tilbury, Tarte, Marc Jacobs, Armani Beauty, By Terry.
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
I don’t really use any drugstore products apart from the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer, so let’s go with Maybelline.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Only for a special occasion.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
No, I go bare faced a lot at the weekends.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Either my Dior Addict Lip Glow or my Clinique Chubby Contour stick because it never fails to make me look bronzed and healthy.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get loads of goodies at once?
Not very often. I pick items up individually. I have a lot of make-up so it’s never really buying out of necessity!
11. Do you have a beauty budget or do you spend freely?
Ha, a budget just for beauty, I wish! It comes pretty low on my list of priorities in terms of money. Make-up is only really purchased when I have spare money which isn’t that often.
12. Do you utilise coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
13. What types of products do you buy the most?
The basics – concealer or mascara.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely cannot stand?
I don’t like Clarins. I don’t know why, it just seems a bit Grannyish haha!
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulphate?
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I like trying new products but if I find something that I love I will stick with it for a long time.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Lush, Victoria’s Secret.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
That would be tortuous. Maybe Smashbox because I am in love with their BB water, and as long as you’ve got a good glowy base I don’t think the other products matter as much.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
DIor. So pretty.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Stephanie Pratt. Goals.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I didn’t even know that was a thing.
23. 5 favourite beauty gurus?
Melissa Sophia MUA
Melissa Sassine Make-Up
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
Not really. Occasionally I will use bronzer as eyeshadow but that’s really it.
25. Are you clumsy when putting on makeup?
Not really, but there’s always some mascara to clean up.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
No, I don’t wear eye shadow enough to warrant it.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
It depends on the shampoo and conditioner I’ve used. If I use a very moisturising shampoo and conditioner I’ll go straight to blow dry. If not, I’ll add an oil before drying. So 2 or 3.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
No. I love experimenting with make-up on myself, but I’ve never wanted to do it on other people.
30. What do you love about makeup?
It takes me from a 2 to a 6 easy 😛